1. Where did Smuel live before?
2. What was his father's occupation?
3. What were Jews obliged to wear?
4. What does Bruno find unbelievable about Shamuel's story?
5. What does Shmuel ask Bruno?
1. Bruno does not miss Berlin so much. Explain why
2. What does María tell Bruno about Pavel?
3. Vocabulary: Explain the meaning of these words:
Put up with Gaze Gobble Stride Shake Chew Hesitate
4. Why does Lieutenant Kotler scare Shmuel?
5. Kotler feels ashamed of his father. Explain why.
6. Does María tell Bruno the truth about Pavel?
7. What does Bruno want to do do when he grows up?
8. Bruno & Shmuel disagree about someting. What is it?
9. Narrate the incident at dinner.
1. On a rainy afternoon when Gretel & Bruno are talking something slips out of Bruno's mouth. What is it? What does he say not to reveal the truth?
1. Why does Bruno worry about Shmuel?
2. What does Bruno hate about Kotler?
3. Do you think Bruno's mother likes Kotler? Justify your answer.
4. Why is Shmuel in Bruno's house?
5. Bruno insists that Smuel eats some chiken slices, he refuses at first, why?
6. What happens when Kotler knows he's been eating?
7. Does Bruno stand by Shmuel in front of Kotler? Why?
8. How does Bruno feel afterwards?
9. What happened to Shmuel?
10. Does he forgive Bruno? How does Smuel show to him?