viernes, 30 de abril de 2010
It's a very romantic story but it does not look like those we are used to read, It is a really gripping what makes it very easy to read.The prominent figures are described very well that way you can imagine them while you enjoy the reading.
lunes, 26 de abril de 2010
This book is one of the best books I have ever read because it is very easy to understand and it's for young people like us.
It was written by Jordi Sierra i Fabra. It´s about a solidary eighteen´s boy who is a student but in his free time he works with old people with difficulty to move by themselves. But he becomes friend of one of them and takes care about things of life which makes him mature. And because of that he realized that he is in love with a beautiful young girl who will be his girlfriend later on.
I recommend this book because it's really lovely and enjoyable for our age. I promise!
''El Gol Imposible'' is written by Enrique Sánchez. Its content treats of a journalist that one day found a famous football player from the past, who had a traffic accident and died. This case surprises the journalist, so he started to search information about the accident and the people who was always around him, but only his wife believed him. He was fixed in all the related details to find that football player.
I recommend this book to the people who like mistery, action and football.
domingo, 25 de abril de 2010
viernes, 23 de abril de 2010
One of the best books that I have read recently is The Alchemist by Paolo Coehlo. It is the story of a young shepherd who abandons his flock in southern
I recommend this book to all of you for the same reasons. The book is perfect for young adults who want to understand the world around them and who are starting to consider their own futures. So, grab a copy and start dreaming!
jueves, 22 de abril de 2010
In this book, Linnet Ridgeway, a famous and pretty woman is killed during a cruise along the Nile. She was with her husband but also her best friend was there, in the past she was Linnet's husband's girlfriend. In this cruise is the famous detective Hercule Poirot, who is going to solve the case. But, who has killed Linnet? Why? and what reasons should he or she have?
This book is very intriguing and exciting, I recommend it to all the people who like crimes and also to people who want to have a good time.
When I started to read it I was surprised, because he didn´t study. He was always in the street playing football (soccer). Everybody says that football has not future, but in the case of Cristiano Ronaldo it did.
The book tells his life until he came to Madrid, from his childhood to our days, being a star.
His first team, in Madeira (Portugal) was the Andoriña football club. Cristiano Ronaldo Dos Santos Aveiro with the license nº 17.182 began his football career.
I recommend you to read it.
The Bartimaeus Trilogy is a fantasy series by Jonathan Stroud.
This trilogy is formed by:
1.The amulet of Smarkanda
2.The golem´s Eye
The three novels are set in London in an alternate history to our own, though many countries, cities, events, and people are real:Prague, the Roman Empire, the American Revolution, Solomon,William Ewart Gladstone, Benjamin Disraeli, etc.. The books suppose that magic, magicians, and demons have been active throughout history, altering it. In particular these changes are reflected in the contrast between modern aspects (such as electricity and cars) and older ones (colonial-era weapons). The current time is never directly stated.
Among the books of fantasyI have read, these are the best ones. They are really amazing and interesting. I have enjoyed very much reading them.
This book is recomended for young teeneagers who like fantastic stories.
I think that if I read that book now I shouldn´t like it, but at that age things were different and it was especial for me.
When I read each line, or fragment lots of doubts raised inside me. What will happen next?, I was intrigued and I could not stop reading. Some parts of the story goosepimple my skin and I fell that the same things would happen to me.It was as if I was in the story.
I read it a few yeas ago when I was in the first year of secondary school, but I still remember it.
martes, 20 de abril de 2010
1. What does Bruno mean when he says to María:" We're all in the same boat. And it's leaking."
2. How does Bruno feel?
3. Why is María grateful and loyal to Bruno's parents?
4. What does Bruno realise about María?
5. Who is more sensitive towards the maid, Gretel or Bruno? Justify your answer.
6. The narrator tells us the story of Herr Roller. What is Bruno afraid of?
7. What does he plan to do to entertain himself?
8. What does Bruno think about Kurt(Lieutenant Kotler)?
9. What about Gretel?
10. Did Bruno manage to make the swing? What went wrong?
11. Who is Pavel? What kind of person is he?
12. What does Bruno learn about him?
13. Bruno's mother says to Pavel."If the commandant asks, we'll say that I cleaned Bruno up" Do you think she's being selfish as Bruno says? Explain the title of this chapter.
14. Write a few lines about Bruno's grandfather: Name, age, personality...
15. Now write about his grandma: name, age, interests, personality...
16. What's Bruno's father's name? When does it appear in the text?
17. How did the family react to his promotion?
18. Bruno's grandma had an argument with his son.(Bruno's father), what was it about?
19. What are Bruno's feelings towards his grandparents?
lunes, 19 de abril de 2010
I had read many books by Delibes years ago but I read this one after the author's recent death. I enjoyed reading it very much because it is very realistic and full of humour. I also liked it because Lorenzo, the main character reminds me of my father, who was also very fond of hunting. The language is very rich with lots of colloquial expressions which transport me to my childhood in a town of Castilla.
I recommend you to read it but have a dictionary at hand, I'm sure you'll need it!!
viernes, 16 de abril de 2010
These are the questions:
1.How does Gretel tease Bruno?
2. How long do they think they're going to stay in the new house?
3. The house is located next to a concentration camp. Which one do you think? What makes you think so?
4. Who's more courageous, Gretel or Bruno? Justify your answer.
5. What do they see from Bruno'sbedroom window?
6.What does the narrator compare the garden full of flowers with? Invent another simile and write it.
7. In your own words write a brief description of the fence and place at the other side.
8. What's Gretel's conclusion about the place?
9. Does Bruno agree? Why?
10. Look up these words and write their meaning: "wheelbarrow", "crutches", " spades"
11. Gretel doesn't like to face the truth Do you agree with this statement? Justify your answer.
12. What does Bruno find remarkable about the people at the other side of the fence?
13. Find a sentence which shows that Bruno's mother thinks her husbad is ambitious.
14. What's the relationship between Bruno's mother and María? Justify your answer.
15. What did Bruno think it was weird at the station?
16. What are Bruno's feelings towards his father?
17. In which year is this happening? Quote the sencence where the narrator tells us.
18. What kind of salute does Bruno describe? What are the two words?
19 What's Bruno's father's room lke compared to the rest of the house?
20. How does Bruno's dad try to convince him they should stay there?
21. Who do you think "the Fury" is?
22. Why does Bruno's father think that his son is either being very brave or simply disrespectful?
23. How does Bruno feel after the conversation with his father?
24. What is Bruno's last question? Is he satisfied with the answer?