1. Comment this sentence: "Bruno's memories of life in Berlin had almost all faded away"
2. Why does he go back to Berlin?
3. How do we know Bruno's grandmother did not like Hitler?
4. Was it hard for Bruno to return to "Out-With"?
5. What is odd about Bruno and Shmuel's friendship?
6. What are Gretel's new interests?
7. Why does Bruno go to Gretel's room?
8. What makes her laugh?
9. Why does Gretel scream?
10. Does Bruno have his hair cut?
1. What do Bruno's parents argue about?
2. Find evidence in the text which prove that Bruno and Gretel get on better now.
3. Write two details that show Bruno's mother is unhappy.
4. Why does the commandant summon his children to his office?
1. Why did Smuel look unhappy?
2. Did Smuel know Bruno's father?
3. Whose idea was the "new adventure?
1. Why did Bruno think he might not be able to carry out his plan?2. How does Bruno disguise himself not to be recognised?
3. Was the camp as Bruno had imagined? Explain.
4. After a while Bruno wants to go home. Why doesn't he?
5. Summarise the end of the story
6. Imagine you could talk to Bruno's father. What would you say to him?